Monday, July 27, 2009

Sparky



I was born in Galveston and spent many of my childhood days playing at the beach. We would bake in the extreme humidity while building sandcastles with moats and cool off in the jelly fish infested polluted brown waters of the island. We jumped through the waves and climbed over the rocks while dodging seaweed and seagull poop. It wasn't Hawaii but it was home. Shortly after I married Scott I was dragged driven to Clearlake Iowa and spent a week out on the lake. My new father in law even let me drive the boat. It was beautiful, but it wasn't a beach. Lakes just don't compare. Cats and dogs are like lakes and beaches. Cats are alright. They can be cute and all but I am not a cat person. Cats run and hide while dogs guard you and warn you when people (or other animals or a stray leaf etc) come near your house. Dogs are far more affectionate than cats. You can take a dog for a walk, cats are to busy sleeping to go anywhere. Dogs are far more intelligent than cats. Ever heard of a seeing eye cat? Do police have a cat unit?

Unfortunately I have three cats. Shrek who is roughly the size of a house, fred, who is afraid of his own shadow and Severus, who....ok severus is alright. But he isn't a dog. My dad has a dog. He has a great dog. A great dog who had puppies...




The one standing up is Sparky. Naturally he, being the largest puppy, is the leader of the pack.


Tara fell in love at first sight (she wasn't the only one)



We She begged daddy for a new puppy



How could you say no to this face


Now Faith has been begging for a chihuahua forever and I was pretty darn close to getting her one. Scott would do anything to keep from having such a tiny girly dog and Sparky is definitely a manly dog let me tell you. He is a purebred mutt. He wont be able to stand up next to a great dane but I bet he will try. He is no ankle biter let me tell you.

Tara and I were going to do whatever it took to get this puppy. Tara grabbed the handcuffs while I issued chihuahua threats.




and sure enough, he gave in. I HAVE A PUPPY!!! I am so stinkin excited. We picked Sparky up Saturday night and I held him in my lap as we drove home and told him with a voice full of love and affection that he was the beach. Scott pointed out that he was Galveston beach. Yes, he is Galveston beach but I love him and he is mine.




He fits in perfectly

4 comments:

M J said...

What an adorable dog!!!! :)

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

How cute!! Looks like he and Jack would get along too!

JMe said...

Sparky still has a brother, scrapy, if either of you are interested ;p

M J said...

HaHa! No, three dogs are plenty, thanks! For this house, anyway. I'll get back to you when I'm rich and famous! ;)