Friday, April 2, 2010

Muffin Tin Madness

We had an Easter playdate yesterday and for lunch I made massive muffin tin meals. My kids love these because they can graze. Actually I make something similar to this for Scott sometimes but on a much larger scale (and in fancier dishes ;p  ) I actually use these to stress the importance of a well balanced meal. They have to have protein, carbs, veggies, and fruit. Somehow a surprisingly small number of veggies made it into this muffin tin. I bought more veggies but o well.

protein = turkey ham and turkey pepperoni
carb= chedder bunnies (not something they get often. They were pretty excited)
veggie=carrots :( I'm a slacker
fruit= pinnapple watermelon grapes blueberries
dairy= twisty cheese
other stuff= raisins (which my kids don't eat but I thought I would try) black olives

1 comment:

Trina said...

My kids LOVED it!!! I have done something similar, but they never got so excited. I may have to try again. Thanks for having them over!